Friday, January 05, 2007

Yakuza

I watched a good series on the Japanese Yakuza . It was a 5 part series and an original Japanese TV series so it has English translation sub title . The series tackled the start of the Japanese gang after post war . Unfortunately , I missed some parts so I had a hard time following the story at the beginning . Add to this , there are numerous characters which made it hard to follow. However in the end , I managed to piece things together and I enjoyed the whole experience . It's just like the story of Mafia's start in America. I find similarities in the Japanese crime syndicate turning ' legitimate ' in the latter days . So out with the decapitated fingers and many body tatoos .The crime heads agreed to form a single group like Lucky Luciano did with the different groups . In Japan today , Yakuzas are part and parcel of corporations so I was told by someone .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home